FIVE THINGS THAT HELP ME DO WHAT I DO
I was saved and filled with the Holy Spirit as a teenager but into my twenties I was influenced by the world and the enemy and did not engage the Holy Spirit active in my life. Fast forward to May 2011 when my life seemed to shatter as my marriage fell apart. From the world’s eyes, before that point I seemed to have it all; big house, kids in private school, living in the richest town in Canada, and the ability to be a stay-at-home mom. I was left to raise my young children, then ages four and twenty months. God was so faithful to me, even that first night “alone”. He showed me a vision and showed me two roads. One road was what life would be like if I walked away from God and the other road was what life would be like if I got as close as possible to Him. I knew from that first night “alone” that I needed to actively engage the Holy Spirit and return to my first love.
Fast forward again to now and I have been raising my children for over five years, am just about to finish two years of updating my education so I can return to professional employment, and God has birthed through me this ministry Esther Generation. My identity has been restored and the dreams from over 15 years ago He has shown to me and increased them. I have had peace that passes all understanding. To God be the Glory. He has done and is doing more than I could ever ask or imagine.
Here are Five Things That Help Me To Do What I Do!!!
- Be Filled with the Holy Spirit and Actively Engage the Holy Spirit Daily. ” And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit” Ephesians 5:18
- Trust God as Jehovah my source, provider and protector.”And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
- I have learned to live a life that it one of rejoicing, praying and thankfulness in all things, in all circumstances and in every situation. Praise precedes the manifestation of God and thankfulness and prayer open the heavens.”Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances;for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
- Daily speak affirmations from the Word and Prophesy to my life, situations and circumstances. Words have power. I make an active choice to speak life.”The tongue has the power of life and death,and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Proverbs 18:21
- I am conscious of who God wants in my circles and of the pruning He wants to do in my life. God has been faithful and even though to the world it may have looked like I was “alone” God always gave me fellowship with my brothers and sisters in faith. I continually seek the Holy Spirit’s discernment and wisdom in this area. “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
It is my prayer for you today, that you would be encouraged and even celebrated by reading this post. For some of you it will give you some direction for your life. For others, it will come as confirmation to the things that you are already doing. I encourage you, in faith, to keep being obedient to the Holy Spirit and the Word of God and you shall not fail. You are a living testimony. May God make your life a testimony, in Jesus name. Amen. ~Karyn